Worried about the health concerns of wet carpets and curious how you can manage them? Tuxedo Carpet Care would like to help you with that!
Health Concerns of Wet Carpets and How to Manage Them
Wet carpets can pose several health concerns if not addressed. Here are some of the potential issues and tips on how to manage them
Wet Carpet Health Concerns
There are a few health concerns worth noting if your indoor carpets consistently get or stay wet. These includes:
- Mold Growth …which can develop within 24-48 hours in a damp environment. Mold spores can lead to respiratory problems, allergies, and other health issues when inhaled.
- Build Up of Bacteria and Germs
- Trapping Allergens
In addition, consistently wet carpets can become damaged over time, potentially requiring your carpets to be replaced.
How to Manage Wet Carpets
Dry Your Carpets …use a wet-dry vacuum, towels, and/or a pump to extract water. Make sure to wear protective gear, especially if the water is contaminated.In addition, you can use fans, dehumidifiers, as well as open windows to promote airflow and expedite the drying process.
Disinfect and Clean …having your carpets professionally cleaned after water damage is imperative to the health and safety of your home or business. Consulting with a professional is definitely the best approach – and we can help!
Professional Carpet Cleaning in the Fraser Valley
At Tuxedo Carpet Care, we have the equipment and expertise to handle carpets or upholstery that requires added care. Our services include:
House Carpet Cleaning
- Keep your home clean and healthy with our professional carpet cleaning
Apartment Carpet Cleaning
- Our portable carpet cleaning machine gets your carpets thoroughly clean
Commercial Carpet Cleaning
- Big or small – we have the technology to clean it all, including carpets, tile and grout.
Mattress & Upholstery Cleaning
- Say goodbye to harmful allergens and dust mites and sleep soundly on a healthy mattress.
- Our quick dry cleaning technology will leave your furniture looking like new again!
Pet Odour Removal
- Accidents happen! We remove odours, stains and bacteria from our four legged friends.
Expert Stain Removal
- We attack stubborn stains with the best stain removal solutions on the market today.